Device on-site installation guidelines
Vividi installation process is dividede to two parts: (i) pre-installation inspection, (ii) device installation. The device installation position has three options that differs based on utilized use cases: (i) real-time people countign; (ii) customer analytics; (iii) emotions analytics.
Area inspection before installation:
- Vividi is using data from its camera in order to analyze locality, customers, or other entities. If the camera shot is hindered by shop design elements like columns, stands, ceiling elements, racks, etc., it is impossible to achieve optimal image analysis results. Therefore, always before installing Vividi, ensure that there is a direct, non-restricted view from the place of installation.
The ideal position for Vividi installation is different for every supported use case:
- People counting – Vividi shall be installed in the distance of 4 meters from the entrance/exit. The ideal installation height is from 3,5 to 5 meters. Please see more information depicted in the following picture.
- Customer analytics – Vividi shall be installed to the height of approximately 3,5 meters. On top of that, the device should be installed in a way that nothing hinders line of sight. Vividi has a field of vision 60° horizontally and 50° vertically.
- Emotional analytics – Vividi shall be installed approximately at the height of the customer’s head. Meaning 2m in height in case customers are standing and 1,5m in height in case customers are sitting.
- Consequently, it is recommended to measure the WiFi signal strength in each and every location where Vividi is supposed to be installed. The strength of the WiFi signal can be measured with Android or Windows devices (iOS canceled this feature since version 13+). In case the WiFi strength is between -30 dBm and -67 dBm, then the WiFi connection is good enough for Vividi operations. If the WiFi strength is lower than -67 dBm, then the signal should be improved.
- Vividi is able to connect to a WiFi connection that is using encrypted communication WPA 2 (this is a preferred way of communication) or an unencrypted WiFi network (not preferred). In case of open WiFi connection, it is necessary to check if there are no captive portals or similar pop-up windows that are “waiting” for human interaction with it (like Starbucks’ free WiFi window where you have to agree with Terms and Conditions, emails, etc.) – similar WiFi networks settings are not supported.
- Next step is to check whether there is an electrical outlet (230V AC) at a maximal distance of one meter from the installation point. In case you are going to use your own power adapter, we recommend a high-quality 12V/2A DC adapter.
- Lastly, it is necessary to identify how the device will be attached to be located in an ideal position. The device is standardly provided with a ceiling attachment system with a 10cm long stand.
- Attache the Vividi device to a camera stand that is attached in a predetermined location
- Turn on the Vividi device by connecting it to the electrical outlet
- (WiFi version only) Wait until the device turns on a green LED located in the front part of the device. It can take up to 2 minutes. (LTE version only) continue to step 8. The device will automatically connect to a mobile data network
- The green LED signalizes that the device is started and prepared for connection to a local WiFi network
- Log in to the Vividi web dashboard located on https://vividi.io/app/login using your email address and password. Go to page “My organization” and find a device with an ID that is the same as the ID of the device being installed. Hit the Set up button. In case you don’t see the Set up button, double-check that you have the proper permissions (organization admin or higher). In the newly loaded page, insert the WiFi network name and password. It is important to insert the name and password completely identical, respecting capital letters, special characters, and spaces. The application will generate a unique QR code. This QR code is used to transfer data (WiFi name and password) from the application to the device itself
- Present the newly created QR code to the Vividi camera. The QR code should be located approximately 10 cm from the device. Consequently, move slowly towards the device and back until the green LED starts blinking. This is indicating that the QR code was loaded and the device is trying to connect to the network
- After a successful connection to the WiFi network, the green light will turn off. In this case, the device will be accessible in the online application in a few minutes, depending on the strength of the internet connection and the number of updates that are being downloaded. In case the green light stays on, it means that the Vividi was not able to connect to the internet or, more precisely, to the WiFi network. In this case, double-check the internet connection and WiFi name and password inserted in step 5 and repeat step 6
- After connecting the Vividi to the network, check the angles, tilt that the device is correctly aimed. In order to obtain an actual picture from your device, stay at the Set up page, and in the section Live view, hit the button Refresh. This will present you with the latest picture from the Vividi. If needed, change the position of the device and check the latest picture using the same button
- Area Inspection
- WiFi strength
- WiFi name, password and type of security
- Availability of power outlet
- Means of attachment
- Height of the installation place from the ground
- Device Installation
- Device is attached
- Device is connceted to electric network
- Device is connceted to the internet
- Device is successfully connceted to Vividi Dashboard
- Device is correctly aimed
- Number of customers visiting your store in particular times
- Floorplan heatmaps showing typical customer paths
- Customer age and gender
- Store peak hours
- Customer emotions in different store sectors